Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Excitement

Exciting news! Greg has been offered a position as an English teacher at one of Melbourne's top boys' schools. He will be retiring from the government school in late June and then he can take up the new position straight after the school holidays in July. It's a well deserved move to something new and invigorating for him - and hopefully not so demanding or stressful as his current role. The whole family is delighted for him.

Zoe and I have been creating:

Zoe made this fantastic "sit-upon" from "The Daring Book for Girls". It's made from newspapers and a plastic bag, but we added wadding and made an appliqued cover for it. The cute panel is from fabric we bought at the Stitches and Craft Show last weekend.


The hat is made from Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, and is for a colleague of mine who finished work on Thursday. The baby is due in early May. The picture makes the hat look blue but it is really a pretty lilac - I thought it would be good for either a boy or a girl. The hand holding it is my colleague Susan, in our office at school.

Through one of my favourite blogs (A Friend to Knit With), I found Project Spectrum and think I will just have to participate! But can I get anything "Fire" finished before the end of March? That will be a challenge. Anyway, as a start I am including a picture of sunset from our balcony.

Hope you had a lovely Easter. We spent it catching up with each of my brothers and their families. With four birthdays to celebrate in two weeks, it was a great opportunity to see everyone.

We're off to Sydney later this week. Can't wait!

No comments: