Friday, June 20, 2008

Chocolate and other things

I was going to write about our lovely weekend making chocolate inspired things, but before I got around to putting fingers to keyboard I heard some dreadful news about the husband of a friend.

After being diagnosed with advanced bowel cancer, Gavin bought a Harley Davidson as this had always been something he wanted to do. In the weeks leading up to beginning chemo, he was hit by a car while riding the bike, and suffered head injuries. He has been unable to begin chemotherapy, and is unlikely to live out the year. Gavin is one of the fathers from the group of friends we made in our antenatal class, just before Zoe was born. He has two daughters, Jessie and Georgie, 11 and 9 years old. His wife, Louise, is just getting by. Greg and I have been shocked and saddened by this news. It seems that the course of our lives can change so dramatically in such a small amount of time. We wish the whole family much love.

I had been excited about our productivity, so I will include it here - Zoe's chocolate chip cookies that had almost more choc chips than dough, and a chocolate coloured dress that I made a love wearing (inspired by "A Friend to Knit With").



Love to all of our friends and family.

No comments: