Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Happy Holidays

It's been a while since I last added to this blog - we've been on holiday at my parents' beach house on the Mornington Peninsula.





Prior to our holiday, I had lots of fun completing some of the projects I had planned with the material I bought at Cleg's.



With the apple green fabric I made a pair of shorts, the khaki was make into a skirt and camisole and the floral fabric was made into a gorgeous top with puffed sleeves.









The top was such a success that I modified the pattern to create a dress and made one out of black fabric.


Greg was also busy working on the garden. The corner where the shed had been looks fantastic now!






Since my last post, I have been reading novels by Kate Atkinson. What a great writer! I have finished "One Good Turn" and "Case Histories", and have today bought "Human Croquet". I love her wonderful, rounded characters and the interconnectedness of events and people. The novels are witty and thoughtful - I laughed out loud and cried in turns. Bliss! Highly recommended.

I have started "The Subtle Knife" by Pullman. Quite intriguing. Poor Greg has had to spend time preparing for his classes - writing notes and finding resources.

Zoe has finished "The Secret Seven" by Enid Blyton, and is now reading "The Borrowers" by Mary Norton. We've hardly seen her to ask how she enjoyed them. She's off at another sleepover - this time with Anna who is celebrating her birthday.

We had fun at the beach house. With Zoe's friend, Chlo, we visited the Amazing Maze at Arthur's Seat, Greg and Zoe went to the Cape Schank lighthouse while I was at a hearing appointment. We took Zoe's friend, Bella, with us when we took the ferry across to Queenscliff, and the two girls had fun jumping off the Dromana pier.



Within minutes of getting out of the water, a seal swam under the pier and caught a puffer fish which it leisurely ate as it swam backwards and forwards around the pier. What a grea sight! I haven't ever seen a seal at the beach.



We also visited Heronswood - a beautiful historic house and garden. Worth a look!














No comments: